The 8 myths they debunked:
- The availability of video games has led to an epidemic of youth violence.
- Scientific evidence links violent game play with youth aggression.
- Children are the primary market for video games.
- Almost no girls play computer games.
- Because games are used to train soldiers to kill, they have the same impact on the kids who play them.
- Video games are not a meaningful form of expression.
- Video game play is socially isolating.
- Video game play is desensitizing.
I still think it is important to have children playing age appropriate games. No Grand Theft Auto until my kids are much older.